Vintage circa 1951 Gibson GA-20 Guitar amplifier combo. Introduced by Gibson in 1950 and produced until 1953. Just over 5000 units made in total in Gibson factory in Kalamazoo. The GA-20 is a 2 channel Guitar and Microphone combo and it was the first Gibson amp featuring a top mounted, rear facing control panel, making it more user friendly than the rear bottom mounted chassis featured in all previous models. All inputs are similarly voiced beside the Microphone inputs which are higher gain and have been used by guitarists to get an overdriven sound. Each channel has its own volume control and one tone control that is shared. These amps are very sought after for their Bluesy and warm tones. Although, not incredibly loud they are loud enough and do record really really well. 12″speaker. These amplifiers are also noted for the nice compact “luggage” styling with the brown leatherette covering over a solid redwood cabinet, a distinctive thin bar and a brown “G” logo over light brown grille cloth, along with a dark brown Gibson script logo on the upper right complete the great look. The dimensions are 20″wide -17″high and 7.25″depth. It weighs roughly 20 lbs, making it a very portable. This amp has had the 12” speaker upgraded to a JBL Signature D123 as shown in the photos. The Original speaker is available and comes with it, however is not fully working and needs some attention. Collection from London SW6 preferred. Local hand delivery can also be arranged.
top of page
bottom of page